Coronavirus (COVID-19) Client Information (Updated 15/08/2020)
As you are aware, the United Kingdom and other countries around the world are currently experiencing an outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). This virus has been classed a Pandemic by the World Health Organisation.
This situation is constantly changing at a fast pace. This page will be updated as and when required.
Below you will find out more information regarding the virus and what precautionary measures we have put in place to ensure our services are maintained and health of our staff and clients are protected as much as possible during this difficult time.
We are doing everything possible to ensure our service is not affected by this situation, while also working hard to maintain health and safety for our clients and staff.
We would ask that our clients also inform us of any special requirements needed when visiting your premises.
We also ask that if you have had a confirmed or suspected case of the virus and have been in close proximity with a member of the PLP team that you contact us.
This information can be downloaded as a PDF below
What is the Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
A coronavirus is a type of virus. As a group, coronaviruses are common across the world. Vulnerable groups such as those with weakened immune systems, older people, and those with long-term conditions like diabetes, cancer and chronic lung disease, are more at risk.
Typical symptoms of the coronavirus include:
- Persistent Cough (that may progress to a severe pneumonia).
- High temperature.
- Shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
- Loss of taste or smell
These symptoms don’t necessarily mean you have the illness. However, if you do feel like you are showing symptoms, please follow government advice which is available on their website https://www.111.nhs.uk/covid-19
Will your operating hours be affected by the current outbreak?
No. As is stands our operating hours remain unchanged. Our current office hours are:
Monday – Friday 9AM – 4.30PM
If any changes are made, these will be communicated via this web page, social media platforms and our newsletter.
What about emergency call outs? Am I still covered?
Yes. Emergency call outs are not currently affected. Rest assured an engineer will be available should there be a need. Our 24 hour telephone number is 01322 897 997 and is available to all customers with a maintenance contract in place.
Do you hold critical spares?
Yes, we hold a good stock of critical spares, we have also stocked additional items to increase our normal stock level.
What if one of your employees contracts the virus or shows symptoms?
What if it is a Negative test result?
- everyone you live with who has symptoms tests negative
- everyone in your support bubble who has symptoms tests negative
- you were not told to self-isolate for 14 days by NHS Test and Trace – if you were, see what to do if you’ve been told you’ve been in contact with someone who has coronavirus
- you feel well – if you feel unwell, stay at home until you’re feeling better
What if it’s a Positive test result?
- If you had a test because you had symptoms, keep self-isolating for at least 10 days from when your symptoms started.
- If you had a test but have not had symptoms, self-isolate for 10 days from when you had the test.
- Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must self-isolate for 14 days from when you start self-isolating.
- In England, you’ll get an email, text or call from the NHS Test and Trace service if you test positive after having symptoms.
- You’ll be asked where you’ve been recently and who you’ve been in close contact with.
A risk assessment will be carried out before any staff members are permitted to return to work.
What protection measures have you implemented to help reduce the spread of the virus?
- Our office has had a one off deep clean using antibacterial products
- Maintained, aggressive cleaning schedule is now in place and will continue for the foreseeable future
- Supplies of hand wash and hand sanitiser have been put in place in all office areas. A main hand sanitiser station has been placed at the main entrance door for staff and visitors.
- COVID secure notice and Information point displayed at main entrance
- To ensure business continuity we have in place a rotation of admin staff working in the office, whilst some work from home. This will be regularly reviewed.
- Social distancing practices in line with risk assessment
- All staff, including our field engineers have been issued with the following: Face Covering, Hand Sanitiser, Antibacterial Wipes and a Thermometer.
- Regular cleaning of touch points including within vehicles, hand tools and equipment.
- Toolbox talks carried out to increase our staff’s awareness of the virus.
- Infection control training modules completed and passed by all staff members
- We now will no longer ask for a signature on the engineers PDA devices. We will ask for a full name only, reports are them emailed.
What will happen to planned maintenance visits and emergency call outs if a lockdown occurs?
Have you got a Coronavirus Policy?
Our current health and safety policy already has infection control arrangements included. A separate policy for the virus is not currently required. Please contact us if you would like a copy of this.
Have you got a Coronavirus Risk Assessment?
For your information, this web page can be downloaded as a PDF